When a member joins your lodge mid-year, documenting their first dues payment requires a bit more work than the typical annual setup for the Lodge. To charge a new member dues, perform the following steps:
- Go to Membership > Find Member and locate the member in question.
- On their member screen, click 'edit' and set their Lodge Member Type on the first tab. Click 'save'.
- Go to Financial > Edit Arrears/Dues and select the member from the pull down menu
- Enter their dues amount and the current dues year in the Dues section of the form and click 'update'.
- Go to Financial > Member Payments and select the member from the pull down menu.
- Enter their payment as normal.
In the future, this member will be handled as part of your annual dues process. This is just a one-time process to bring the new member aboard.