About Member Types
Setting Member Types accurately is essential to the Dues Management in groupable:m2. This will allow you to set and assign different Dues Rates to different groups of your local members.
For example, you may have a Regular Dues Rate, a Life Rate, a 50-Year Member Rate, a Hardship Rate, a Dual Rate, etc. All obligatory Dues and Assessments should be included in this rate. It is common for this rate to change on a regular basis, so Member Types and rates must be reviewed prior to setting up a new dues year.
To manage your member types, select Financial > Dues / Arrears in the navigation menu.
Scroll down to the bottom of the Dues & Arrears screen where you'll see a screen like this:
Use this Member Types Table to
- add a new member type and dues rate
- delete unused member types
- change an existing member type name and dues rate
- view list of members by member type (click the # Count to view all Members assigned to each Member Type)
- recalculate dues owed based on current member type and dues rate
Setting a Member Type Requires
- Member Type Name
- Total amount of annual dues, including per capita and annual assessment.
Note: Changing a member type's dues after the dues have been setup for the year will not have an effect until the next time dues are setup, unless you use the "recalculate" button.