The Certificates Of Election screen can be accessed by selecting "Lodges > Certificates Of Election" or "Locals > Certs of Election" from the menu. This functionality is also available from the History Tab on a lodge's screen
There are two different version of the management functions for Certificates of Election currently (April 2021).
- The "classic" version screen has two sections: "Certificates of Election" and "Lodges Not Submitted/Rejected". See the "Classic Version" section below.
- The m2 version has a single panel labeled "Certificates of Election" with tabs for new, approved, etc. See the "m2 Version" section below.
This feature is open to anyone logged into groupable|m2 in any of the following roles: grandLodgeReadWrite, grandLodgeReadOnly
This screen lists Certificates Of Election for all lodge where the certificate needs to be either approved or rejected. To add the most recent Certificate Of Election, click "add". To add a historical Certificate Of Election, click "add historical". To access an individual Certificate, click 'view'.
- Lodge - the name and number of the lodge
- Year - The year the election took place
- Date - The date the election took place
- Status - The status of the Certificate
- new - a new Certificate
- new historical - a new Historical Certificate
- approved - an approved certificate
- rejected - a rejected certificate
- Options - Functions to act on the Certificate
- view - takes you to the completed Certificate Of Election Form.
Clicking the add button will bring you to the Certificate Of Election Form. The submitted certificate will be "new." If it is approved, it will change the active officers for the lodge
add historical button
Clicking the add historical button will bring you to the Certificate Of Election Form. The submitted certificate will be "new historical." If it is approved, it will not change the active officers for the lodge
This screen lists Certificates Of Election for all local groups broken down by status: new, approved, partially installed, recently installed, and recently rejected. The "recent" tabs are limited to the past 100 certificates for that status.
These list are accessible by clicking the tab for each status.
Clicking the name of the local on any of the lists of certificates will open the certificate for viewing.
Managing/Viewing an Individual Certificate
From any of the lists of certificates on the Certificates of Election page you can click the name of the local to view the certificate. Once you are viewing a certificate there is a menu in the upper right corner of the first panel. From this menu you can:
- Install Now (will approve and install)
The m2 version unlike the "classic" certificate management allows a Group level users to edit a certificate prior to approving it. (Approved certs can not be edited.)
Adding a Certificate of Election
To add a certificate for a local view the local's dashboard and click "Info/Officers" on the dashboard navigation. Then click the "+" sign on the "Officers" panel.
There are two check boxes on the form that control if the certificate is for a special election or for adding a historical certificate.
Special certificates are used for replacing an officer mid-term with a new office holder.
Historical certificates are used to add a record for a certificate that was already processed outside the system. This allows your organization to store these historical documents without effecting the current status of a local group.