The purpose of this article is to provide step-by-step instructions to set up your club/chapter/lodge for online payments.
Steps in Setup:
- Review Requirements
- Gather Documentation
- Create groupable:m2 and OLP Accounts
- Signup with WePay
- Add WePay Account Information
- After First Payment is Processed
- When your Organization, Bank, or Personal Information cannot be verified
- Role and Logins: groupable:m2: You must already have a groupable:m2 account with the Secretary or AssistantSecretary role. If you are not an Elected Secretary, the Elected Secretary must assign you as AssistantSecretary in groupable:m2 before you can create this account.
- Role and Logins: OLP: You must activate your OLP User Account.
- Access to information: You must have access to verify your Organization's IRS EIN and IRS Entity Name (this is not the Name and Number of your Organization), your organization's bank routing, and bank account number.
Begin by gathering all information for WePay Merchant Account Setup Requirements.
This will include confirming your IRS-recorded EIN and Entity Name from groupable:m2 and Charity Navigator.
Create groupable:m2 and OLP Accounts
Signup with WePay
To get started using Our Lodge Page to accept credit cards you need to start from your lodge's OLP page.
To find your OLP page you go to:
So if you are lodge number 12 in Wisconsin you would go to:
If you are in a state that does not have lodge numbers you can find the link to your lodge on:
If you do not have an OLP account yet you can click on Sign In / Create Account link and create your account.
Once you are logged into OLP click the Dashboard link.
On the Dashboard click the Merchant Account tab.
On the Merchant Account screen click the Signup with WePay button.
This will take you to a page on the WePay website where you create the user account you will use on the WePay site. Fill in:
- first name,
- last name,
- your email address (we recommend a generic lodge-based email, not your personal email so that it can be transferred smoothly to the next incoming secretary), and
- the password field, and
- click the "I agree..." check box. (Please review the terms of service if you have questions.)
Add WePay Account Information
Once you have created your account you will return to the OLP dashboard on the Merchant Account tab. Click the green Update WePay Account button.
This will bring you to the page where you will fill in the information for your lodge.
Type of WePay Account
Click the Nonprofit button.
Click the Unincorporated Association button. The select Associations from the first list and Civic, Social, and Fraternal Associations from the second list.
Fill in the Nonprofit Details for your lodge.
Name of Your Nonprofit: Use your IRS Entity Name here. This MUST MATCH YOUR IRS EIN. You must look this up. This Name is NOT your local Club/Chapter/Lodge Name and Number. The Name of your Nonprofit is, for example, "FREE & ACCEPTED MASONS OF NORTH CAROLINA".
Instructions: Finding the Name of Your Nonprofit. If you do not know the EIN for your lodge you can find in groupable:m2 at Home > Info/Officers or MORI Classic at Lodge > Lodge Info on the menu.
Enter your OLP lodge web address for the Nonprofit Website.
Enter Masonic Lodge for the Nonprofit Description.
Enter your phone number for the phone number.
Enter the physical address of the lodge.
Scroll down to the Controller Details section and fill in your personal information. Please note that due to Federal Anti-Money Laundering Regulations, you are required to provide items like your Social Security Number.
In the Beneficial Owner(s) section click No and Skip this section, and click the blue Submit button.
This will bring you to the page for filling out your bank's information to enable direct deposit of payments to your lodge's checking account. You will need a check or an image of a cancelled check to complete this section.
- Routing number, which can be found on the lower left of your check between a vertical bar and two vertical dots and another vertical bar and two vertical dots. This number is always nine (9) digits.
- The lodge's account number, which is typically to the right of the routing number.
- The bank name.
- Select the account type.
- Select how ofter you want deposits to be made. We recommend daily because groupable:m2/MORI Classic will automatically batch all payments on a single day into a Cash to Treasurer deposit report.
Then click the blue Add Bank button.
Final OLP Review
This will bring you back to the OLP Dashboard > Merchant Account tab. If you scroll down to the bottom you should see that your WePay account is active and there is nothing that needs to be updated.
Set Up OLP for Online Dues Payments
Now that your Click on the Dashboard > Dues tab, where you will see your Member Types
After First Payment is Processed
Once you receive your first payment, your first bank transfer will be triggered and this Merchant Account information will be reviewed. If all information can be verified, the bank transfer will be completed in 1-3 business days, and your account will be Active.
When your Organization, Bank, or Personal Information cannot be verified
When your Organization, Bank, or Personal Information cannot be verified by WePay, the bank transfer will be cancelled, your account will be flagged Requires Action and you will be asked to verify your account information or provide proof of your IRS Entity Name.
To resolve this