Setting up Your WePay Merchant Account
The purpose of this article is to provide step-by-step instructions to set up your club/chapter/lodge for online payments.
This video has been newly recorded with updated instructions:
Steps in Setup:
- 1. Review Requirements
- 2. Create groupable|m2 Account as needed
- 3. Signup with WePay
- 4. Add WePay Account Information
- 5. Final OLP Review
- 6. Add Treasurer as a Moderator
- 7. Invite a member or officer to make a payment:
- 8. After First Payment is Processed
- 9. Sign up for AutoPay
- 10. When your Organization, Bank, or Personal Information cannot be verified
1. Review Requirements
- Who can set up a groupable|payments account? A Secretary or Assistant Secretary assigned in groupable|m2:
- You must already have a groupable|m2 account with the Secretary or AssistantSecretary role.
- If you are not an Elected Secretary, the Elected Secretary must assign you as AssistantSecretary in groupable|m2 before you can create this account.
- Who can have a WePay Account:
- The Secretary or Assistant Secretary is the WePay Account Admin, as they are the Controller for the local group.
- The Treasurer is a Moderator on the WePay account so they receive email notifications of payments and electronic bank deposits, and can log in to view all online payment activity.
- OLP: As part of this process, you will automatically activate your OLP User Account if you have not already done so.
- Access to information:
- Verified IRS EIN and IRS Entity Name (this is not the same as the Name and Number of your Organization). Groupable usually provides you this information when it is stored by your Parent Group in groupable|m2.
- Bank information: bank name, bank routing number, and bank account number.
2. Log in to your groupable|m2 Account
- If you do not already have a groupable|m2 account see: Creating Your groupable|m2 Account
3. Signup with WePay
To get started using groupable|payments to accept credit cards you can start from your local group's groupable|m2 > Dues/Arrears screen. Here you can click the button directly to Get Started:
If you do not see this button, contact Groupable at email@example.com to inquire.
If you do not yet have an OLP account, one will automatically be generated for you at this time and you may be prompted to create a password.
This will bring you right to the Groupable Payments tab on the OLP Dashboard.
On the Groupable Payments screen click the Signup with WePay button.
This will take you to WePay where you create your local group's WePay Merchant Account.
- first name,
- last name,
- your email address (we recommend a generic lodge-based email, not your personal email so that it can be transferred smoothly to the next incoming secretary), and
- the password field, and
- click the "I agree..." check box. (Please review the WePay terms of service if you have questions. Of note - no payments for raffles, no gun sales, no games of chance are permitted)
- Now check your email and click the WePay email confirmation.
4. Add WePay Account Information
Now that you have created your account, return to the OLP dashboard on the Groupable Payments tab where you will see an alert "Your WePay account requires updates to your account information and bank account before payments or transfers may be processed."
Right click the Please update your WePay account button and "open link in new window" so that you can display your information and the WePay screen at the same time:
Now you will begin to fill in the verification information for your lodge.
a) Type of WePay Account
- Click the Nonprofit button.
- Click the Unincorporated Association button (only 501c3s are incorporated).
- Select Organizations from the first list and
- Civic, Social, and Fraternal Associations from the second list.
b) Nonprofit Details
Fill in the Nonprofit Details for your lodge. This information is provided to you on the Dashboard.
1. Legal Name of Your Nonprofit: When your local group is granted a charter by a Parent Organization, the Parent Organization has filed for your IRS EIN under their legal entity.
THIS MEANS THAT YOUR IRS Entity Name is USUALLY the same as the legal name of your Parent Organization.
Select your Parent Organization's name from the list and enter this name in the
Legal Name of Your Nonprofit field:
CO: ANCIENT FREE & ACCEPTED MASONS OF COLORADO
HI: MOST WORSHIPFUL LODGE OF FREE AND ACCEPTED MASONS OF HAWAII
IL: ANCIENT FREE & ACCEPTED MASONS OF ILLINOIS
KS: ANCIENT FREE & ACCEPTED MASONS OF KANSAS
MA: MASTER WARDENS & MEMBERS OF THE GRAND LODGE OF MASONS IN MASS
ME: ANCIENT FREE & ACCEPTED MASONS OF MAINE
MI: FREE & ACCEPTED MASONS OF MICHIGAN
NE: FREE & ACCEPTED MASONS OF NEBRASKA MAHF
NC: ANCIENT FREE & ACCEPTED MASONS OF NORTH CAROLINA
NM: ANCIENT FREE & ACCEPTED MASONS OF NEW MEXICO
NY: FREE & ACCEPTED MASONS OF NEW YORK
OESTX: ORDER OF EASTERN STAR OF TEXAS
RAPA: ROYAL ARCH CHAPTER OF PENNSYLVANIA
SD: ANCIENT FREE & ACCEPTED MASONS OF SOUTH DAKOTA
WI: FREE & ACCEPTED MASONS OF WISCONSIN
2. Enter your EIN.
3. Now check the box "doing business as" below Legal Name of your Nonprofit, and add your Local Group's Name, Number (if applicable), and state abbreviation.
The Legal Name of your Nonprofit is, for example,
"FREE & ACCEPTED MASONS OF NORTH CAROLINA",
doing business as "Sylva #216 NC".
For more instructions: Finding the Name of Your Nonprofit.
Always confirm the EIN for your lodge in groupable:m2 at Home > Info/Officers. If the EIN or Entity Name is entered incorrectly, your Merchant Account verification will be slowed down and it will take some time to receive payments in your bank account.
Now enter the following information:
- Enter your OLP lodge web address for the Nonprofit Website. (format: all lowercase, "https://" required)
- Enter Fraternal Organization for the Nonprofit Description.
- Enter the physical address of the lodge.
- Enter the controller's phone number for the phone number.
- Enter the Country and Year of incorporation
- check no for doing business in forbidden countries.
c) Controller Details
Scroll down to the Controller Details section and fill in your personal information. The Controller is the Secretary or Assistant Secretary for the Local Group. The Treasurer should be added as a moderator later in the process, which will provide them with read-only login and email notifications for account activity.
Controller Name should match the name on your Social Security Card and your address must be your physical address.
Please note that due to Federal Anti-Money Laundering Regulations, you are required to provide items like the last four of your Social Security Number. If WePay cannot identify you using your last four digits and name as entered, you will be asked to provide all digits of your Social Security Number.
When all information is completed, the Submit button will turn blue and you can click Submit.
d) Bank Information
Next you'll Add settlement details to enable direct deposit of payments to your lodge's checking account. You will need the information from a check or a deposit slip to complete this section.
- Routing number, which can be found on the lower left of your check between a vertical bar and two vertical dots and another vertical bar and two vertical dots. This number is always nine (9) digits. This routing number is also available on your bank's website.
- The lodge's account number, which is typically to the right of the routing number.
- The bank name.
- Select the account type.
Then click the blue Add Bank button.
5. Final OLP Review
This will bring you back to the OLP Dashboard > Groupable Payments tab. You should see that your WePay account is active and there is nothing that needs to be updated.
6. Add your other Assistant Secretaries and Treasurer as a WePay Account Moderator
In order to ensure that your treasurer and any other officers or assistant secretaries can review all WePay transactions and deposits, add these officers and assistants as "Moderator" by following these instructions:
Instructions for adding a moderator:
- After logging into your WePay Dashboard at wepay.com/login
- Select "Settings" on the left
- Click "Members" on the top
- Please enter the email address of the person you wish to give access to next to where it says Add member
- Click "Invite"
- The invitee must accept the invitation (sent by email), and create their login with a password.
You're All Set to Accept Your First Payment!
7. Invite a member or officer to make a payment:
Make sure to complete the account setup process by promptly processing a payment.
If you yourself owe money or wish to make a donation to your local group, follow instructions here:
8. After First Payment is Processed
Once you receive your first payment, your first bank transfer will be triggered and the Merchant Account information will be reviewed. If all information can be verified, the bank transfer will be completed in 1-3 business days, and your account will remain Active.
9. Set up Autopay to accept installments and annual recurring payments
10. When "Your Account Requires Action"
This means that your Organization, Bank, or Personal Information cannot be verified
When your Organization, Bank, or Personal Information cannot be verified by WePay, the bank transfer will be cancelled, your account will be flagged Requires Action and you will be asked to verify your account information or provide proof of your IRS Entity Name.
If WePay asks you to provide proof of your LOCAL GROUP'S LEGAL NAME, please ask WePay to "reset your KYC" and search with your EIN with the IRS immediately to identify your Legal Entity Name (this is usually the legal name of your Parent Organization).
To resolve this
➞ See WePay Account Requires Action.
➞ Review WePay: Account Setup Requirements instructions.
➞ Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get any assistance required. We can help communicate with WePay.
If you have not yet set up your Dues and Arrears, Member Types, and Solicitations, now is the time to do that back in groupable|m2:
Email Dues Notices
Now that your local group is set up for online dues payment processing, check out how to send email Dues Notices to your membership.
All Tuesday Weekly Masonic Updates will include a unique pay link and statement of membership for any member who owes Dues.
Turn on AutoPay
After you have received your first WePay deposit in your bank account and your WePay Merchant Account is Active, your local group will be eligible to turn on installment payments.
For more information: