WePay: OLP - Merchant Account - what is your "Legal Name of the Nonprofit" and other Verification Information Required
In order to prevent unauthorized accounts and fraudulent or money laundering behavior, WePay is obligated to abide by federal regulations to prevent and/or reduce fraudulent activity and accounts. Merchant Legal Entity Name and Tax ID (EIN) must match the IRS records.
Reference your local group's Groupable Payments Dashboard to look up the Nonprofit Legal Name and EIN
If: If you are being prompted to
"Please provide a document evidencing the validity of the
unincorporated association such as a written constitution,
agreement document, or documentation of candidacy
for YOUR LOCAL NAME #"
this means that the Legal Name of Your Nonprofit that you provided does not match the EIN Legal Entity Name, or that your EIN was typed incorrectly.
Fix: Please ask WePay to "reset my KYC" and resubmit your verification information after double (and triple!) checking the EIN and Legal Name with the IRS Lookup Tool.
You can always reach out to Our Lodge Page Customer Support - we work closely with WePay to ensure your success.
Be sure to gather this information for yourself and your organization before moving forward to create your Merchant account.
You may also reference this guide if WePay/Chase requires "updates to your account information and bank account before payments may be processed"
|Legal Entity Information||Where to find this information/ instructions|
Type of Entity:
Unincorporated Association: 501(c)8 and 501(c)10s. Most Club/Chapter/Lodge Entities fall under this category.
Always look up your IRS-assigned Tax ID found at:
Groupable:m2 > Info/Officers > Tax
If you have a different number on file, please check with your Parent Organization or firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding.
|Legal Name of your Nonprofit||
This is your LEGAL IRS-FILED name, not your local group's name and number.
The Legal Name can be found on your IRS EIN Determination Letter. If your 990 tax paperwork is filed by your parent organization, you probably do not have this EIN letter on hand.
When you do not have an IRS EIN Determination Letter, you MUST identify your IRS-registered Legal Name. You can usually find this name by entering your lodge EIN into the Charity Search with the IRS Lookup Tool or at Charity Navigator.
This Entity name must be entered word-for-word matching the IRS-registered Tax ID "EIN" to verify your WePay Merchant Account.
DO NOT USE YOUR LODGE NAME HERE.
|Doing Business As||Your Local Group Name, Number, State Abbreviation (ie: Sylva #216 NY)|
|Entity Website||(use your OLP website)|
|Entity Description||"Masonic Lodge" "Fraternal Organization" "Social or Charitable Club" etc|
|Entity address||Physical location (cannot be a PO Box)|
|Entity US State|
|Entity zip code|
|Entity phone number||use Controller's direct phone number|
|Entity Place of Incorporation|
|Entity Date of Incorporation|
|Forbidden Activities in Foreign Countries||"no"|
|Name (first, middle*, last)|
|Date of birth (month, day, year)|
|Social security number (last 4 or all 9 digits may be required)|
When you are requested to provide "Proof of Affiliation" with your local group OR Parent Organization use the following:
- Preferred: A screenshot of your Organization's Info/Officers page in groupable:m2 including your name as a designated officer:
These documents should act as a means to establish a legitimate connection between the WePay Account Administrator and the organization (chapter/club/lodge), or a link between the Chapter and the Parent Organization.
Alternative Proof of Affiliation documents:
- A link to OLP Website contact page that lists you as being on the board or having financial responsibilities (Secretary, etc.)
- A letter (preferably on the group's letterhead) describing your association with the chapter/club/lodge
- Business documentation listing your name and chapter/club/lodge's name
- Bank Statement with your name and the chapter/club/lodge's name
- Power of Attorney document
- An organizational chart with your name on it
- Meeting minutes
Additional information will be required for a small number of accounts if the data provided above is not verifiable (usually when the Entity name does not match the IRS-recorded Entity name or the Organization applies as a 501(c)(3) but actually has 501(c)(10) status).
It is also our understanding that a certain percentage of Merchant Accounts must provide additional verification for randomized fraud prevention.
|Additional Verification of Personal/Controller Identity|
Requires one of the following:
● Valid U.S. passport
● State or Government issued ID
● Valid foreign passport with I-94 or I-551 card or stamp
|Additional Verification of Entity Identity (Nonprofit Unincorporated Association)|
1. If your Merchant Account has been selected for Additional Verification, you must first recheck your EIN and Entity Name at Charity Navigator to confirm that you have entered the the Legal Name of your Organization accurately according to the IRS.
Contact OurLodgePage Support if you have any questions about this.
2. If the EIN and Legal Entity Name have been entered correctly in your WePay Merchant Account as displayed at Charity Navigator, proceed to provide WePay Trust & Safety the following verification of Entity Identity:
3. If you are registered as a Corporate Entity (LLC, S-Corp, etc) or Incorporated Non-Profit (501(c)3), this verification requires one of the following:
● Evidence of corporate registration, such as Articles of Organization/Incorporation, DBA Registration, Partnership Agreement, Formal Trust Agreement, etc.
● Evidence of nonprofit registration with any applicable regulatory, such as body such as Articles of Incorporation, IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter, or documentation of candidacy
If no formal registration, one document that provides evidence that the individuals opening the account have the authority to do so and a current bank statement of the business or nonprofit organization.