Please be sure to gather this information listed below for yourself and your organization before moving forward to create your Merchant account. You may also use this guide if WePay/Chase requires additional documentation to verify your account.
Accurate information will speed up WePay verification and allow you to receive your funds quickly.
In order to prevent unauthorized accounts and fraudulent or money laundering behavior, WePay is obligated to abide by federal regulations to prevent and reduce fraudulent activity and accounts. Merchant Entity Name and EIN must match the IRS records.
|Name (first, middle*, last)|
|Date of birth (month, day, year)|
|Social security number (all 9 digits)|
|Legal Entity Information||Where to find this information/ instructions|
Type of Entity:
Unincorporated Association: Most Club/Chapter/Lodge Entities fall under this category.
This is your IRS-assigned Tax ID found at:
Groupable: m2 > Lodge/Club/Chapter > Lodge/Club/Chapter Info
The Entity Name can be found on your IRS EIN letter. If your 990 tax paperwork is filed by your parent organization, you likely do not have this EIN letter. Please see the following directions:
If you do not have this EIN letter, you can search for your IRS-registered Entity name by entering your lodge EIN at Charity Navigator.
Follow the instructions to find the Entity name at charity navigator. This Entity name must be entered word-for-word matching the IRS-registered Tax ID to verify your WePay Merchant Account.
|Entity Website||(use your OLP website)|
|Entity address||(cannot be a PO Box)|
|Entity US State|
|Entity zip code|
|Entity phone number|
And personal Proof of Affiliation with your organization with one of the following:
These documents should act as a means to establish a legitimate connection between the WePay Account Administrator and the organization (chapter/club/lodge).
- A link to a website contact page that lists you as being on the board or having financial responsibilities (Secretary, etc.)
- A letter (preferably on the group's letterhead) describing your association with the chapter/club/lodge
- Business documentation listing your name and chapter/club/lodge's name
- Bank Statement with your name and the chapter/club/lodge's name
- Power of Attorney document
- An organizational chart with your name on it
- Meeting minutes
Additional information *can be* required for a small number of accounts if the data provided above is not verifiable (or if the Entity name does not match the IRS-recorded Entity name). It is also our understanding that a certain percentage of Merchant Accounts must provide additional verification for randomized fraud prevention.
|Additional Verification of Personal/Controller Identity|
Requires one of the following:
● Valid U.S. passport
● State or Government issued ID
● Valid foreign passport with I-94 or I-551 card or stamp
|Additional Verification of Entity Identity (Nonprofit Unincorporated Association)|
1. If your Merchant Account has been selected for Additional Verification, please first recheck your EIN and Entity Name at Charity Navigator to confirm that you have entered them accurately according to the IRS.
Contact OurLodgePage Support if you have any questions about this.
2. If the EIN and Entity Name have been entered correctly in your WePay Merchant Account as displayed at Charity Navigator, proceed to provide WePay Trust & Safety the following verification of Entity Identity:
3. If you are registered as a Corporate Entity (LLC, S-Corp, etc) or Incorporated Non-Profit (501(c)3), this verification requires one of the following:
● Evidence of corporate registration, such as Articles of Organization/Incorporation, DBA Registration, Partnership Agreement, Formal Trust Agreement, etc.
● Evidence of nonprofit registration with any applicable regulatory, such as body such as Articles of Incorporation, IRS 501(c) (3) determination letter, or documentation of candidacy
If no formal registration, one document that provides evidence that the individuals opening the account have the authority to do so and a current bank statement of the business or nonprofit organization.