Even when you have a record of your EIN and your Organization Name, the Secretary or Assistant Secretary MUST look up the IRS EIN and Organization Name from groupable:m2 or refer to Charity Navigator before creating your Organization's WePay Account.
Do not assume that you know either your EIN or Organization Name for WePay Account Setup. You must use the information from groupable:m2 and Charity Navigator. If you have questions, please contact Our Lodge Page Customer Support so that we can provide guidance and prompt resolution.
For most of our Fraternal/Masonic Bodies, the Organization Name is not your Chapter/Club/Lodge Name, but the name of your Parent Organization. This Entity Name must be typed in word for word in WePay as found in Charity Navigator.
Making an error in the Organization Name or EIN will significantly impede your signup process and result in significant delays in receiving funds or a full termination of the WePay Account, so do not assume that you know what name or EIN number should be provided when setting up your Organization's WePay Account.
If you are being prompted to "provide evidence of nonprofit registration," the EIN or Organization Name that you provided most likely does not match the IRS records.
If you have been asked to "provide evidence of nonprofit registration" please reach out to Our Lodge Page Customer Support as we work closely with WePay to ensure your success.
Be sure to gather this information for yourself and your organization before moving forward to create your Merchant account.
You may also reference this guide if WePay/Chase requires "updates to your account information and bank account before payments may be processed"
In order to prevent unauthorized accounts and fraudulent or money laundering behavior, WePay is obligated to abide by federal regulations to prevent and reduce fraudulent activity and accounts. Merchant Entity Name and EIN must match the IRS records.
|Name (first, middle*, last)|
|Date of birth (month, day, year)|
|Social security number (all 9 digits)|
|Legal Entity Information||Where to find this information/ instructions|
Type of Entity:
Unincorporated Association: Most Club/Chapter/Lodge Entities fall under this category.
Before setting up your WePay Account
Look up your IRS-assigned Tax ID found at:
Groupable:m2 > Lodge/Club/Chapter > Lodge/Club/Chapter Info
You can VERIFY this EIN at https://www.charitynavigator.org
The Entity Name can be found on your IRS EIN Determination Letter. If your 990 tax paperwork is filed by your parent organization, you probably do not have this EIN letter on hand.
When you do not have an IRS EIN Determination Letter, you MUST search for your IRS-registered Entity name by entering your lodge EIN into the Charity Search at Charity Navigator.
This Entity name must be entered word-for-word matching the IRS-registered Tax ID "EIN" to verify your WePay Merchant Account.
DO NOT USE YOUR LODGE NAME. Most Fraternal Parent/Chartering Organizations have applied for the EIN for all Local Bodies using their Parent Name.
|Entity Website||(use your OLP website)|
|Entity address||Physical location (cannot be a PO Box)|
|Entity US State|
|Entity zip code|
|Entity phone number|
And personal Proof of Affiliation with your organization with one of the following:
These documents should act as a means to establish a legitimate connection between the WePay Account Administrator and the organization (chapter/club/lodge).
- A screenshot of your Organization's "Info" page in groupable:m2 including your name as a designated officer
- A link to a website contact page that lists you as being on the board or having financial responsibilities (Secretary, etc.)
- A letter (preferably on the group's letterhead) describing your association with the chapter/club/lodge
- Business documentation listing your name and chapter/club/lodge's name
- Bank Statement with your name and the chapter/club/lodge's name
- Power of Attorney document
- An organizational chart with your name on it
- Meeting minutes
Additional information will be required for a small number of accounts if the data provided above is not verifiable (usually when the Entity name does not match the IRS-recorded Entity name or the Organization applies as a 501(c)(3) but does not have 501(c)(3) status).
It is also our understanding that a certain percentage of Merchant Accounts must provide additional verification for randomized fraud prevention.
|Additional Verification of Personal/Controller Identity|
Requires one of the following:
● Valid U.S. passport
● State or Government issued ID
● Valid foreign passport with I-94 or I-551 card or stamp
|Additional Verification of Entity Identity (Nonprofit Unincorporated Association)|
1. If your Merchant Account has been selected for Additional Verification, you must first recheck your EIN and Entity Name at Charity Navigator to confirm that you have entered them accurately according to the IRS.
Contact OurLodgePage Support if you have any questions about this.
2. If the EIN and Entity Name have been entered correctly in your WePay Merchant Account as displayed at Charity Navigator, proceed to provide WePay Trust & Safety the following verification of Entity Identity:
3. If you are registered as a Corporate Entity (LLC, S-Corp, etc) or Incorporated Non-Profit (501(c)3), this verification requires one of the following:
● Evidence of corporate registration, such as Articles of Organization/Incorporation, DBA Registration, Partnership Agreement, Formal Trust Agreement, etc.
● Evidence of nonprofit registration with any applicable regulatory, such as body such as Articles of Incorporation, IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter, or documentation of candidacy
If no formal registration, one document that provides evidence that the individuals opening the account have the authority to do so and a current bank statement of the business or nonprofit organization.