When your WePay administrator has changed, you'll need to update your WePay account with the contact information for the new admin. The current WePay admin can make the switch as part of their transition, or the new admin can request the update.
Either way, this must be done by submitting a ticket to WePay Customer Support.
>>Tip: We suggest that you login to submit the request to WePay from within your OurLodgePage site (Dashboard > Merchant Account) so they know which account you are referring to. If you are unsure of the login credentials and no longer have access to the former WePay admin, you can obtain your WePay account# information from this page to provide to WePay Support when you submit a request directly on their support site.
1. If the existing Account Administrator has only one WePay Merchant Account, he or she can simply transfer ownership of the Organization's WePay Merchant Account to a new administrator:
WePay will need to review the following for the new owner:
- The new e-mail address for the account (unless using a general chapter/club/lodge email that you transfer ownership to elsewhere)
- Government-issued photo ID for the new account admin (Valid U.S. passport OR State or Government issued ID)
And one of the following to link the person opening the account with the organization:
- A screenshot of groupable:m2 > Info that includes the Organization's Info and the name and role of the new Secretary.
- A link to a website contact page that lists you as being on the board or having financial responsibilities (Secretary, etc.) such as OLP > Current Officers page.
- A letter (preferably on the company letterhead) describing your association with the chapter/club/lodge
- Business documentation listing your name and chapter/club/lodge's name
- Bank Statement with your name and the chapter/club/lodge name
- Power of Attorney document
- An organizational chart with your name on it
- Meeting minutes
- Any other official documentation showing a link to the chapter/club/lodge
And written confirmation that they have reviewed and confirmed WePay's Terms of Service. (they will likely ask for this from within the support ticket)
These requirements come from federal banking laws that require financial institutions to gather this information. WePay is required to do is determine whether or not you are authorized to open an account on a behalf of the organization. For more information on this requirement - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_Identification_Program
2. If the existing Account Administrator has more than one WePay Merchant Account under one email login, a WePay Merchant Account cannot be transferred to another administrator. In this case, the existing or new administrator must notify Our Lodge Page asking for the current Merchant Account to be unlinked from OLP, and the new administrator can then create a new WePay Merchant Account.
>>Tip: To make transfer of email ownership easier, we highly suggest using a generic email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org (or something similar) for each Merchant Account. Then whenever the Secretary changes hands every year or two, they'll pass on the email login credentials to the new Secretary. However, since WePay requires a photo ID and SSN, the outgoing Secretary is not going to want their information tied to this account any longer, so you need to provide this information to WePay for the new Secretary.