Member Payments Screen Details
- Demo Video
- Shortcut to individual's Member Payments
- Shortcut from Home/Overview/Dues&Arrears
- Shortcut from Member Record
- Finding Member Payments from Financials > Member Payments
- Member Payment Screen Layout & Use
- Add/Remove Dues Owed
- Add/Remove Member Payment
- Payment Types
- Accepting Online Payments
- Regarding Overpayments/Historic Credits
- Additional Notes
Access: Secretary, AssistantSecretary, ActingSecretary
Shortcut to an individual's Member Payments screen:
- The fastest way to enter a member payment is to click the Dues Owed $ link on the Home screen or in every Member Record
From the Home/Overview or Dues & Arrears screens
From the Member Record
Finding Member Payments Screen
Select a Member:
- Financials > Member Payments
Click the Search By Name box:
- Search by first or last name
- At least three letters required
- When a member has a last name containing two letters followed by a space ("de Winn"; "Mc Donald") please search by FIRST name or use their Member Payments shortcut from a Member list.
- When the last name contains three letters followed by a space, you can search by last name ("Von
- When the last name includes an apostrophe (O'Brien) be sure to begin your search with a quote " ie: "O'B"
Member Payments Screen Layout & Use
- Dropdown search box - start typing three letters to select and switch to another member payments screen.
- Member Name (link to Member Record)
- Member Degree
- Chapter/Club/Lodge Name and Number
- Member Type (Regular, 50 yr, etc as set up by Secretary)
- Edit Member Type
- Dues Rate
- Status (Good Standing, NPD, deceased)
- Years of Good Standing (YGS)
- Add new Dues Owed Year
- Dues Owed by Year
- Edit Dues Owed by Year
- Delete Dues Owed by Year
- Total Amount Owed
- Add Payment(s)
- Delete Payment
- Transaction details
- Date of transaction
- Dollar amount
- Payment type
- Category and Year Applied
- comments (check number, details)
- Transferred to Treasurer (aka Deposited)
Add/Remove Dues Owed
- When Deleting a Dues Owed Year, use the trash can.
- When editing a Dues Year, use the pencil.
- When adding a new Dues Year, use the green plus symbol.
- Note: you cannot have two lines for the same Dues Year, and Dues Year cannot be zero.
Add Member Payment
Enter New Payments Fields
- Date (MMDDYYYY format)
- Amount (numerals only)
- Payment Type (alphabetical)
- Category (Income Categories, DUES should always be used when entering a Dues Payment)
- Dues Year (only applies to Dues)
- Comment (check number, custom notes)
- Post Payment
Member Payment Screen Behavior
- Tab to move between fields.
- Type the letters of your payment type and Income Category selection (ie: "DU" for DUES).
- If the member is paying multiple dues year at once, enter total Dues Payment in one total line amount - the system will split it and allocate it to any Dues Owed Years, from oldest to recent receivable until Dues Owed = zero.
- When Dues Payment is larger than Dues Owed, the system will ask you to allocate this overpayment to another Dues Year OR another Income Category.
- When there are no Dues Owed, the system will automatically request that you allocate a Dues Year or Years for any Dues Payments.
Deletion of Member Payment
- When a member payment line is deleted, this will revert the amount of the payment to Dues Owed.
- If necessary, delete or edit Dues Owed to correct the Dues Owed amount.
- Note: Payment cannot be deleted when the payment has been Transferred to Treasurer. To change a Dues Year or Category for an already-transferred payment, see instructions in notes below.
Payment Types Available
- Credit Card
- Direct Deposit
- Money Order
- Online Credit Card
- Online Debit Card
- Remit (does not affect Cash to Treasurer $)
Income Categories Available
- DUES (use of this Income Category will adjust Receivables (Dues Owed)
- Additional Income Categories must be added manually by Secretary in Budget Setup
Accepting Online Payments
- Please see WePay Setup Instructions to set up Online Payments in Our Lodge Page with WePay.
- This screen cannot be used in Internet Explorer or AOL Web. For further details see Technical Requirements for Our Products
- See Overpayments and Advance Dues Payments when a member has a credit for prior Dues Years.
- Once entered, payments are immutable. You may delete and re-enter correctly until the transaction has been transferred.
- When entering a Dues payment above that which is owed, you will be prompted to enter a dues year (future payments are allowed) or to change the Income Category to Donations/Other Category.
- When entering more than one Dues Year payment, enter them in one total amount of Dues payments, and they will be allocated directly to the Dues Owed dollar amounts.
- To correct a mis-entered payment after Cash-To-Treasurer (Transferred = Yes), simply enter the same payment again, but with the amount being negative. Explain that that is a VOID TRANSACTION in the comments. Re-enter transaction correctly as necessary.
Please sign in to leave a comment.