How to Safelist an Email Address?
Unsolicited and unwanted emails are becoming a more significant problem since they’ve been flocking inboxes with undesired messages. Email services have therefore made their spam filters more stringent.
We at Groupable support these methods to prevent spam and help users have a clean and focused inbox. Unfortunately, emails from email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org are often sent into the junk/spam folder without our knowledge. This usually happens when the service provider does not find a particular email in its database of valid IDs or when you have not added it to your contact list.
Safelisting emails will ensure that you receive emails from the required email IDs while preventing spam from coming in from others.
This post has listed a few email applications and how you can safelist an email address in them.
Add us to your Gmail Contacts List:
- Click “Contacts” on the left side of any Gmail page OR navigate directly to: https://contacts.google.com
- Then Click “Create Contact.”
- Copy and paste email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org into the primary email address dialog box.
- Click “Save.”
Set up a filter to our email address in your inbox:
- Open your mailbox and click “Mail Options” (upper right-hand corner).
- Select “Filters” under the Management column. Click on the “Add” button.
- In the “From header:” row, pick “contains” in the drop-down, and enter the email address
- email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org in the box.
- At the bottom of the page, Click “Choose Folder” and select “Inbox.”
- Click the “Add Filter” button.
Add our email address to your Safe Senders list:
- Go to the Tools menu, and click “Options.”
- Then, on the Preferences tab, click “Junk E-mail.”
- And, within the Safe Senders tab, click “Add.”
- In the Add address box, copy and paste
- email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Click OK.
Outlook also considers email IDs added to contacts to be safe. You can add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list in Outlook. This can be done by opening the email you received from us, right-clicking the From address, and selecting “Add To Contacts.” You can also access your Address Book via the tools drop-down menu.
Add our email address to your Hotmail Safe List:
- Open your mailbox and click “Options” (upper right-hand corner).
- Click the “Junk E-Mail Protection” link.
- Select the “Safe List” link.
- Copy and paste email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org into the dialog box titled “Type an address or domain.”
- Click the “Add” button next to the dialog box.
If the mailing is in your “Junk E-Mail Folder,” open the email and click the “Not Junk” button.
Please check that email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org are not in your Blocked Senders list. You can access the Blocked Senders list by moving to Options, Junk E-Mail Protection, and then Blocked Senders List. If you see an email address that shouldn’t be a part of this list, select it and click the Remove button.
The most common way to safelist an email address is by adding it to the address book, safelist, or safe list in the email application. However, there is no standard method, which might differ from application to application.
If you do not find such an option, you will need to contact the support team of your email application, and they’ll surely be able to help you with this.
If you have previously marked email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org as spam, please send us a support ticket at email@example.com requesting we remove the spam block.
We hope these hints will help you safelist our email address in your email application so that you can see our messages and messages sent from your Group in your inbox directly!
Please sign in to leave a comment.