Note: Some jurisdictions do not allow a secretary to directly enter a new petitioner, but require a membership petition to be submitted to their Parent Body for background checks and other requirements before they can be accepted.
- Add Member Events to the timeline to make them a member (after Add Contact)
- Add Member / Bio Data: Proposers, Emails and other Contact Fields, Spouse, Bio Info, Veteran history, etc.
- Update Contact Preferences - would they like to receive the magazine?
- Add any payments received to date (you can record payments as soon as they have a Contact Record in the database)
- Assign Member Type (this assigns their Dues Rate in preparation for Setting Up Dues For A New Year)
- Add any dues owed before the new year (How do I charge dues for a new or reinstated member?)
- Issue a dues notice for those dues owed (Email Dues Notices)
On the backend, your Parent Group will issue you a Dues Card for your new member automatically.